Our latest project is a community craft project to complete at home. We would like your help to create a patchwork wallhanging to display and we want all of our supporters, donors, volunteers and local people to get involved!
You need to design and make your own patchwork square to commemorate your individual experience or thoughts about the coronavirus pandemic. The square could pay tribute to a keyworker or loved one affected by the virus or be based on a personal memory or experience, like a new hobby or unexpected pleasure that helped you through this time. The squares could even depict an aspect of Footprints in the Community or our projects.
Here’s some guidelines to help you:
- Squares must 100% cotton and measure 7x7inches in overall size. This must include a half inch seam allowance, making the final square 6x6inches.
- Decoration can be done using any hand or machine technique, including applique, embroidery, cross-stitch and using small embellishments eg buttons.
- Squares must be hand-delivered or posted to Footprints in the Community offices (10 Queen Street, Redcar) by 31 August 2020. Please telephone 01642 484842 in advance to check someone is there before you hand-deliver.
- Please include a note of your name and contact details (preferably an email address) with your square, so that we can keep you updated on the project.
- If you would like to have your name and a description of your square included in the display, please also include this information.
- By submitting a square, you agree to Footprints in the Community displaying it on our premises and using it any publicity.
- Please consider making a donation with your completed square to support our ongoing work. Donations can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for our bank details and complete a Gift Aid form if appropriate.
- Please contact email@example.com or telephone 01642 484842 if you have any questions.
Thank you for getting involved and supporting our project – we can’t wait to see what you make!