Policy key definitions:
· “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the charity, Footprints in the Community
· “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
· GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
· PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
· ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
· Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases: if we have your consent, for our legitimate interests or to meet our legal obligations.
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register and our registration number is: ZA177033
We collect and process the following information through our website:
· When you make a donation through the website we collect information which may include your name, address, email address, phone number, Gift Aid status and amount donated.
· When you make an enquiry through our Contact form, we may collect your name, email address, your message to us and any other information you give to us.
· If you sign-up to receive our Newsletter we may collect your name and email address. There is more information about this in the Email Marketing section.
· We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous data to monitor how our website is used. There is more information on this in the Internet Cookies section.
We collect this information:
· To provide you with information that you have requested about our charity.
· To process your donations, to claim Gift Aid and verify any financial transactions.
· To send you our Newsletter if you have asked to receive this.
· To monitor and improve our website, through data analysis and anonymous statistical research.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
· the right to be informed;
· the right of access;
· the right to rectification;
· the right to erasure;
· the right to restrict processing;
· the right to data portability;
· the right to object; and
· the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling. You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
· Google Analytics standard cookies
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Links & Tracking
Our website may contain links on some pages. These are typically served through our suppliers; WordPress, Tad Web Solutions Limited, or are self served through our own means. We only use trusted partners who each have
high standards of user privacy and security and they do not collect any personalised data through our website.
Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by their cookies but no personal data is recorded in this process.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is; Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
· Email address
· I.P address
· Subscription time & date