Coronavirus Update 21 July 2020
Our First Steps project is continuing to operate to help families in need during the pandemic. Frontline professionals can continue to make referrals by emailing email@example.com
Please note: we have now started to accept donations of baby and children’s clothing and equipment.
About First Steps
Our First Steps project provides pre-loved baby and children’s clothing packs, toiletries, and baby equipment (for example, pushchairs, cots and high chairs) to families in need. Families are referred by one of our foodbank centres, through Health Visitors and other professionals.
What can I donate?
We are happy to accept donations of new or pre-loved items (in good, clean condition) including:
- clothing – from first-size baby up to age 5-6 years
- blankets and bedding
- prams and pushchairs
- cots, travel cots and moses baskets
- NEW mattresses for cots and moses baskets
- NEW small toys, suitable from birth – with the CE safety mark
- NEW and unopened toiletries and nappies