Redcar Area FoodbankEmergency food and support for anyone facing food poverty
Redcar Area Foodbank is part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, providing emergency food and support to anyone facing food poverty due to a crisis. We are supported by The Trussell Trust and share their procedures and best practice. Our trained volunteers currently run nine foodbank centres, all of them based in local churches across the area.
We work with a wide range of local care professionals, such as doctors, health visitors, social workers and other charities, to help identify people in genuine crisis and issue them with a foodbank voucher or E-referral. Clients can then bring their voucher to any of our centres where it can be redeemed for three-days’ emergency food. Up to four foodbank vouchers can be redeemed in any six-month period.
Foodbank clients have access to a Citizen’s Advice Outreach Advisors for one-to-one signposting, guidance and support, including benefits advice. Clients can also be referred to other Footprints’ projects such as Next Step Shop and First Steps.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer deliveries.
How You Can Donate:
You can donate food and toiletries at:
- Tesco (Redcar and South Bank) – in-store shoppers only (Tesco very kindly top up by 20% cash on all donations, so it’s a great place to donate!)
- Morrisons – Redcar
- Sainsbury’s – Saltburn, Marske, all Redcar stores
- Co-op – Marske
- Asda (Southbank) – in-store shoppers only
- Spar – Saltburn (Windsor Road)
- All local libraries
- At our offices at 10 Queen Street, Redcar (during office hours)
- Foodbank centres (during opening times)
Thank you for your support!