Redcar Area FoodbankEmergency food and support for anyone facing food poverty
Redcar Area Foodbank is part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, providing emergency food and support to anyone facing food poverty due to a crisis. We are supported by The Trussell Trust and share their procedures and best practice. Our trained volunteers currently run six foodbank centres, all of them currently based in local churches across the area.
We work with a wide range of local care professionals, such as doctors, health visitors, social workers and other charities, to help identify people in genuine crisis and issue them with a foodbank voucher. Clients can then bring their voucher to any of our centres where it can be redeemed for three-days’ emergency food. Up to four foodbank vouchers can be redeemed in any six-month period. We can also signpost people to other agencies and Footprints’ projects.
The Coronavirus pandemic has changed how our Foodbank centres operate. To ensure social distancing, our centres are operating with a minimum number of volunteers. At the moment we can only offer a basic service, which means we cannot currently offer a drink and snack to clients whilst their food parcel is prepared.
Foodbank centres open this week are:
How You Can Donate:
You can donate food and toiletries at:
- Tesco – Redcar and South Bank (Tesco very kindly top up by 20% cash on all donations, so it’s a great place to donate!)
- Morrisons – Redcar
- Sainsbury’s – Saltburn, Marske, all Redcar stores
- Co-op – Marske
- Asda – Southbank
- Spar – Saltburn (Windsor Road)
- All local libraries (currently closed due to Coronavirus)
- Many local churches (some are currently closed due to Coronavirus)
- At our offices at 10 Queen Street, Redcar (Mon to Fri 9am-1pm)
Thank you for your support!